- When not wearing, keep separately in a pouch, bag, container, or even a ziplock bag. When stored together with other jewelry, beads and chain can become scratched.
- Clean beaded lanyards and jewelry with a toothbrush and warm water.
- On chain lanyards and jewelry, use polishing cloths to keep your chain looking clean and new.
- Be as careful as possible when wearing long lanyards, not to get them caught on something or pulled. An abrupt pull on a lanyard can cause it to loosen or even break.
- Even though Swarovski crystal pearls resist perspiration, UV rays, perfumes, and scratches, it is a good idea to occasionally clean pearls of any kind with a clean damp cloth.
- Never immerse beaded or chain jewelry in water. Use a camp cloth instead. A little mild dish soap can be used, if necessary.
- For metal beads, try to avoid moisture and chemicals like perfumes or hairspray.
- Lanyards and jewelry made with gemstones, crystal, or glass should never be dipped or used in an ultrasonic cleaner, as it will dull the polish of the stones/glass.
- Sterling silver that is not worn regularly will tarnish. Store your silver bead jewelry in an airtight container with an anti-tarnish strip.
- Do not use commercial dips on glass or crystal beads, as they will remove any coating that may be on the beads.
Tag Archives: beaded lanyard
I am still having a sale going on in my Etsy shop through the end of February – Buy 1 Swarovski pearl lanyard, get the 2nd one half off!! This is a great deal and a wonderful time to stock up on some beautiful Swarovski pearl lanyards, that you can wear not only to hold your work ID badges, but you can also wear them as pearl necklaces, or even double up to wear as a double-strand choker!! Check out the pictures below to see some of the lanyards I have for sale in my shop right now, and how they can also be worn as a choker…
Don’t forget to use COUPON CODE “SWAROVSKI2” at checkout at my Etsy shop, www.TheLanyardNecklace.Etsy.com
Until next time… thanks for reading! 🙂
It’s finally here! I just opened up my new Etsy shop, The Lanyard Necklace, http://www.TheLanyardNecklace.Etsy.com on Thanksgiving Day and I am offering FREE shipping within the US on any purchase from my new shop for the rest of 2013! I have also opened up new Facebook page and Twitter account for LanyardNecklace. So of course, I have to have a new blog for my new shop, too! If you are a professional woman who has to wear a badge to work, why not check out my handmade beaded and chain lanyards! If you don’t find what you are looking for, please just ask me and I would be happy to create a customized lanyard just for you!
Here are just a few of my handmade beaded lanyards that have become very popular over the last year…